The Therapeutic Learning Center is a public elementary and middle school program for students grades K-8 with intensive special needs. The school supports and helps students acquire the communication, academic readiness, community, life skills, and social skills necessary to have a purposeful and independent life, and strives to help each child reach his or her fullest potential.
- Individualized academic and behavioral programs
- Discrete trial and incidental teaching
- Augmentative and alternative communication systems, and assistive technology, to support student access to learning.
- Research-supported best practices, including Applied Behavior Analysis Methodology
- Functional Behavior Assessment & Behavior Intervention Plans
- Social skills and pragmatic language instruction
- Parent support
- School Year: 180 days from August-June, 5-week Extended Year Program from early July through mid-August
- Adaptive Physical Education (individual and/or group)
- Clinical/Mental Health
- Music Therapy
- Occupational and Physical Therapy
- Positive Behavioral Intervention & Support (PBiS)
- Speech and Language Therapy
Appropriate referrals include students ages 3-14 who:
- Are currently on an Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Present with significant levels of cognitive delay, communication, and/or social deficits
- Require moderate to significant modifications to the Common Core Frameworks to make effective academic progress
- Present with interfering challenging behaviors (e.g., aggression, self-injury)
- Have been diagnosed with: Autism Spectrum Disorder, Developmental Delay, Receptive/Expressive Language Delay, Down Syndrome, and other genetic disorders.
To refer a student to TLC, please send a referral packet including most recent active IEP, evaluations, progress report, and reason for referral toLisa Daly260 Fordham Rd., Suite J Wilmington, MA 01887 or